04 May 2011

My One True Love

He’s like a cold In a way you want him 
But then again you don’t.
He’s contagious, he grows on you 
And once you get him 
You don’t want to let him go. 
If you feel like letting him go 
He’s not ready to let you go. 
If he feels like letting you go 
You’re not ready to let him go. 
I need the love 
That only he can give me 
He was the only one that I’ve 
Ever loved in the way I love him. 
When we were together, I was too afraid to tell him 
That I loved him. 
I feared my heart would yet again get broken. 
Now, I realize, by saying it 
That it didn’t really matter 
Because it was inevitable, 
What happened had to happen. 
We broke up 
And still have our differences 
But I still love him 
Even if he doesn’t love me though he loves her. 
He doesn’t realize 
All the heartache he caused me 
And how crazy over him I still am. 
I realize we’re both high school seniors and we’re both friends but still I love him. 
Every time we talk I try and be nice to his new chick, 
But really I can’t stand the 
Thought of the two of them together. 
I’ve heard all the excuses 
I’ve heard all the lies 
Now all I want is 
No more goodbyes. 
What was the real reason 
In which he broke up with me? 
“Differences”, was his answer, “in our lives” he blamed it on. 
I think its because 
The girls at his school didn’t like me 
And were spreading lies. 
Whatever the reason, 
I’ll act as if I don’t care, 
At least around him anyway 
But my friends really know the truth: 
That I care for him so much. 
He hurt me so much, 
He was the first guy to 
Ever make me cry when 
He said “goodbye” 
It’s been 3 months 
Since we broke up 
And it still feels 
Like yesterday. 
He’ll never know 
My true feelings unless I tell him. 
But I’m not going to 
Till I feel that I am ready. 
My heart is still shattered 
Broken in pieces on the floor 
Only he has the glue that can mend it. 
He just doesn’t know that his love is what I truly need. 
I wish I could tell him that I still love him.
This one I know I wrote senior year and as part of an English project

No comments: