Its not really the fact that "he's being nice". Its more he doesn't seem to have any real concrete opinions. He appears to be so damn afraid of hurting someone else's feelings that he can't stand up for his own opinions. As I was saying earlier to a friend..."Its like he created all these controversial threads and just kinda praised the people who had the strongest opinions on them and tried his hardest not to offend any one. If you're going to create a controversial topic you have to accept you're going to offend someone. Don't be fucking apologetic about it. Opinion wise he seems so easily malleable it sickens me. Its fine to have an opinion about something and someone providing you of evidence that maybe your opinion is wrong or misinformed and you changing it based on more information but he doesn't seem the type to do it. This popularity contest is just re-enforcing what I was saying to my mate last night. High school prepared us for the real world. Unfortunately not in the way they wanted us to be prepared. It prepared us more socially than academically. The more popular kids are the ones who will succeed more in life. Whether it is because of their looks or because they have no limits to what they will or won't do. The unpopular kids generally...won't. And those who don't give a shit will be stuck in this limbo place that sucks. Where I live getting a job is a pain in the arse. Because rather than focus on experience its more how willing are you to kiss my ass and how far will you go just to get the job. I'll go as far as you know dressing nicely and taking my piercings out and if its warm enough putting a skirt on(albeit a longer skirt but still a skirt) and if my knee/ankle aren't giving me shit I'll wear heels and I'll put makeup on and look more presentable but I won't wear the slutty looking tops that show off my boobs(or lack thereof) just to get a job....I really wish parts of the 50s were still in place. Like hard work getting you jobs/promotions rather than kissing ass.....Actually that's about the only part that I wish was still in place....Oh and guys being gentlemen and not trying to pressure women into sex all the time and being gentlemen and holding doors and stuff. Or offering to help with heavy stuff...I'm all for gender equality but lets face it, there's some stuff that I just can't carry because of how heavy it is. Or need help because its an awkward shape/size.....Bah." Though the gender thing is really neither here nor there, it was just thrown in there with the point I was attempting to make.
He actually friended me.....And I'd love to start a group of people who don't like him....only figure out a way to do it off the escapist. I was talking on twitter to a few other users and something about him(other than how fake he is)unnerves me. I was telling them that and one of them was like "yeah he kinda seems like he'd be a rapist or something like that" which made me giggle at first and then like I thought about it and you know maybe not a rapist but something along the lines of how serious that would be yes....Like I wouldn't trust him alone with me. With how much christian bullshite is spouted on his profile(s) and shite.....not a chance. I actually scarily enough, live near him. Like a city or two away. Its like he created all these controversial threads and just kinda praised the people who had the strongest opinions on them and tried his hardest not to offend any one. If you're going to create a controversial topic you have to accept you're going to offend someone. Don't be fucking apologetic about it. Opinion wise he seems so easily malleable it sickens me. Its fine to have an opinion about something and someone providing you of evidence that maybe your opinion is wrong or misinformed and you changing it based on more information but he doesn't seem the type to do it. This popularity contest is just re-enforcing what I was saying to my mate last night. High school prepared us for the real world. Unfortunately not in the way they wanted us to be prepared. It prepared us more socially than academically. The more popular kids are the ones who will succeed more in life. Whether it is because of their looks or because they have no limits to what they will or won't do. The unpopular kids generally...won't. And those who don't give a shit will be stuck in this limbo place that sucks. Where I live getting a job is a pain in the arse. Because rather than focus on experience its more how willing are you to kiss my ass and how far will you go just to get the job. I'll go as far as you know dressing nicely and taking my piercings out and if its warm enough putting a skirt on(albeit a longer skirt but still a skirt) and if my knee/ankle aren't giving me shit I'll wear heels and I'll put makeup on and look more presentable but I won't wear the slutty looking tops that show off my boobs(or lack thereof) just to get a job....I really wish parts of the 50s were still in place. Like hard work getting you jobs/promotions rather than kissing ass.....Actually that's about the only part that I wish was still in place....Oh and guys being gentlemen and not trying to pressure women into sex all the time and being gentlemen and holding doors and stuff. Or offering to help with heavy stuff...I'm all for gender equality but lets face it, there's some stuff that I just can't carry because of how heavy it is. Or need help because its an awkward shape/size.....Bah.
well my last post was page 9. I've been wanting to just kind of publicly go off of Ryan for a while now. Just took a bit to get my thoughts coherent enough to do so. And was waiting for opportunity. Its like, its not so much that he's nice it is more he has no real convictions that he stands behind besides "but I'm just a real nice guy" and "I try not to offend anyone". People like that have always gotten on my nerves and I've known A LOT of people like him through my life. ALL of them so far (besides all coincidentally being Christian) have turned into the people who have tormented me and others the worst after we've run out of our usefulness and just generally been dicks hiding under the "nice guy façade". He seriously unnerves me and the fact that I could possibly run into him since he lives kinda close to me bothers me. A lot. But then again I don't really go out much so chances of running into people are slim. I'm reading over comments from after I went to sleep right now and just kinda giggling at some. In general I tend to be a nice person. You just tend to have to put up a bit with me being a bit bitchy to get to know that though. I've gotten burned enough times that its my automatic defence now. And I'm loyal as fuck if you actually manage to prove to me that you are worth it. Life experience makes all of us different. I've helped countless users on the 'scapist with different things in their lives however I know that if it comes down to shite like that where it turns into a popularity contest, because I'm smart enough not to run my mouth about every bloody topic on the forums and I kind of keep my head down and don't post much I'll always get over looked. And that's just general in life not just the escapist. Does it bother me? A little but I have other things that I worry about that are more pressing like me finding a job in a city where ass kissing to a level I won't do is prevalent(basically if I dressed and acted like a slut I'd have an easier time finding work)that are better uses for my time. I don't know if I was really going anywhere with this any more so.....
Also as a side whilst waiting for my pages to load...I'm bloody tired of seeing this:
"Not sure if I approve of this. I'm not sure why but something about this just rubs me the wrong way."(someone else posted this)
I second this. Reminds me too much of high school popularity contests...and when I ran for prom queen like the idiot I was in high school *shivers*(I posted this which coincidentally was my first post for this topic)
Still do not be afraid to nominate people. They won't lose a lot if they don't win after all ;)
So make some votes!(and this was made my the person who started the thread.....Why the fuck would I nominate someone when the thread rubs me the wrong way?!?)
Would you be so mad about it if it was a test of skill? Probably not.
So why not a test of socialising?
I think there WOULD be a problem if there was downvoting as well - but as it's just for a badge (which anyone can get by filling in an account name) - then I'd say it's fair.
YMMV.
Perhaps next time: The Most Anti-Social Member? ;)"
Firstly what the fuck is YMMV?
Secondly, this was my response: I just...I'unno maybe just bad school experience and this seeming more a popularity contest than anything else makes me queasy to my stomach and really bad flashbacks.....some from over 10 years ago(this June will be 9 years since out of the public school system aka graduating) and there's a lot of shit there that I would really prefer NOT to have flashbacks from that I try my damndest not to remember. Hence my not voting.....Also my country's voting feels more like a popularity contest as well rather than people who are better fit to rule the country though for that I actually do vote so....*shrugs*I'unno maybe I'm just weird and wired differently than everyone else....
Also this one bothers me too with how much I get it
And then that above response was met with this: "Nah, I do understand. I was quite weirded out by it at first - and I'd still vote to get rid of categories like "Prettiest" or "Wittiest Title" - because that's just popularity.
Granted; Myself, Sassafrass and Vaudeville will get some votes based on how many posts we've made (>20,000), but Caramel Frappe/Jack and Calumon are still pretty "young" in site terms.
It's easier for you to vote though, because you don't have lots of people watching your votes for who you support. And if we're going to have a race for a badge, being nice to people isn't that bad.
Hell, if we could run our Country's elections on that....we'd probably still end up with asshats. But at least they'd be nice asshats. :)"
So I replied with this: Maybe in the UK....not out here in the US. It'd fuck up our economy even more. I'd like someone in office who is going to you know not sign things that they aren't 100% on board with (NDAA and Obama I'm fucking looking at you.....) and you know people in congress who aren't old as fuck and have some idea of what the internet is and how it fucking works (Protect IP Act and SOPA I'm looking at both of you right now)...I mean I sure as fuck didn't vote ANY of these people in office and I am one of the ones who has to pay for the rest of the damn sheep in this country -_-....ok I think that's the end of that rant....I'm bowing out of any more of me being quoted in this topic
And that about sums it all up
In other news I forgot to upload a few stats from the beginning of this year:
and some gratuitous photos of kitty one of which I opened my laptop to this morning :]
and a wtf google image cause it makes me laugh
see if you can spot the what the hell....For the record I was looking for a torrent of Web of Lies for Torchwood so that I could watch it

No comments:
Post a Comment