So a friend of mine posted this on facebook. I'm going to talk a little about Nice Guys and Entitlement.
This is a very sore topic with me. Because so many "nice guys" are actually entitled arses. But they bitch about how they're so nice and do all this shit for a woman. Ok first off actual nice guys aren't nice because they're trying to get a woman. Actual nice guys are nice because they are. Because that's how they might have been raised. Because they've always been. They might or might not have been raised to be perfect gentlemen. Actual nice guys really don't bitch about not getting the girl. Not like entitled arses do. And judging by that photo it was probably more an entitled arse who wrote that initially. Maybe trying to be funny, maybe trying to prove a point but that is how it comes off to me. Maybe the guy really was a nice guy and just got fed up with something that a female or a few females did. It can happen. I'm not going to deny it does. I've seen it happen with some of my guy friends.
Entitled arses are guys who THINK they are nice guys but really are just being nice to get the girl. After a while(could be a week could be a few years) of actually getting the girl(because it sometimes works) they revert to their normal selves. They are mostly the guys who complain. "Oh I do _______ for __________ all the time and she doesn't want to date me and complains about how she wants a nice guy and I'm right here waiting for her" I have heard that sentence re-worded so many bloody times I'm sick of it. They are the guys who feel because they are nice they deserve this girl's attention. NO. It does not work that way for EITHER gender. Actual nice guys are rare and hard to find. Entitled arses are a dime a dozen.
Men, take a step back and look at yourself. Maybe its something about you that is driving the girl away. Maybe you are shy and awkward but she's not into guys who are shy and awkward. Or maybe she can deal with one but not the other or not both combined. Maybe she's just a superficial bitch. There are plenty of them out there and if that is the case, she's not worth your time and effort. Maybe you simply are not her type. I had a few guy friends in high school, one in auto shop, and one in JROTC. I don't talk to either of these guys any more. The guy from my auto shop was indifferent to me. I found out a few years ago through reconnecting with him and another guy in shop that he liked me and had a thing for me. I felt nothing for him. Honestly. I appreciated his company, I liked hanging out with him and talking cars, video games, girls, life in general, etc... but I wasn't leading him on, at least not intentionally. He now has a girlfriend I hear. And I'm glad for him. Our friendship ended probably about a year and a half ago. My mum had borrowed my car for a doctor's appointment and I guess the battery was dying and she couldn't get it to start. He was the first person I called. He still lives down the street and around the corner from me. I offered him gas money if he would at least drop me off to where my mum was so that I could bring the wrench needed to open my hood (long story on why it was needed). I would have liked if he could stay and jump my car since I had the cables in my trunk any way but I would have understood if he couldn't. All in all the trip would have taken 30 mins out of his day total to drop me off and leave and go back home. I knew he wasn't doing anything that day. Instead he told me he couldn't because he supposedly had other stuff to take care of. We haven't talked since. My mum wound up calling a tow truck and having to wait twice as long because apparently dispatch didn't tell the driver he needed a 14mm wrench to open my hood.(for reasons on why read this post: http://aprilmarie4203.blogspot.com/2009/07/hood-meets-windshield.html) If it still confuses you ask me in the comments and I'll give you the full explanation. The JROTC guy I've recently cut out of my life. All through high school he had a thing for me. We ALL knew it. Including me even though I was in denial over it. We've caught up a few times since and you know I've never felt anything for him. Try as I might. And even though he said he did, I don't think he ever fully got over me. It made some of our hangouts kind of awkward. I decided I couldn't do it any more. Be his friend or anything. So I cut all contact with him. The first guy was kind of more in the entitled arse category. The second actual nice guy but just couldn't date him due to no feelings and not wanting to lead him on.
Also guys, here's a novel concept, ask the girl why. Most of us will give you an answer and not evade the question due to it being uncomfortable. There's more I want to write on this but it will have to wait for a later time when I can find the article I want to reference.

No comments:
Post a Comment