Just because I've been talking to a few of my friends and realise that this may not get said enough especially with society being as it is.
No matter who you are, what gender you identify as(including you gender queer people), what sexuality you are, what colour you are, what you identify as romantically, etc.....
I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THAT. NONE OF IT MATTERS. WHAT MATTERS IS WHO YOU ARE.
Let me clarify a bit. None of these are choices. I didn't choose to be born white. I didn't choose to be born a female and to identify as a female. I didn't choose to be bisexual. I didn't choose any of it. All of it is a matter of circumstance. What I did choose is to look past all of that and learn to see people for who they are. Underneath all of that is a person. With emotions. And feelings. Typically(there are exceptions and I'll get to that in a moment), people have 206 bones in their bodies by the time they reach full development as an adult. People have an approximate average of 640 muscles in their bodies(actual number varies on who you ask but it is always between 656 - 850. Note the number I said is an approximate average.) People have 10 different organ systems - the skeletal system, the muscular system, the circulatory system, the nervous system, the respiratory system, the digestive system, the excretory system, the endocrine system, the reproductive system, and the lymphatic/immune system. People typically have two lungs, a heart, a liver, a spleen, kidneys, a bladder, an oesophagus, a stomach, a large and small intestines, a diaphragm, a mouth, two eyes, two ears, a nose, two arms, two legs, two hands, two feet, twenty phalanges on their hands and feet combined, etc... Now. There are exceptions. Some people don't have all of these. It DOES NOT make them any less of a person than someone who does. It just means that either some genetic defect has happened or some other trauma has happened to remove something. Sometimes these people can get donor parts, sometimes they can have/get a mechanical heart, or things like metal legs to help them walk or what have you (I know I'm missing a lot but my point is still made).
Just because of a colour, disability(mental, physical, emotional), sexual preference, gender identity, kink, etc... that you may or may not have this DOES NOT MAKE YOU ANY LESS OF A PERSON OR DESERVING OF BEING TREATED AS A HUMAN WITH RIGHTS.
Your weight also does not define you. Love yourselves. Embrace who you are. See others for who they are. Not just what they look like. There are a lot of really brilliant people out there who are discriminated against due to things that they can't control. Just because another group feels superior to them. This is NOT ok.
A lot of people like to throw religion into things like this. Unfortunately the only religious text I know well enough to throw around words and quotes from is the Christian bible. And one thing particularly stands out for this. From the 10 commandments that y'all are SUPPOSE to be living by(thank you I was raised Roman Catholic/non denominational Christian and had the former shoved down my throat growing up) the second is to LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF (Mark 12:31) and for the hell of it here's another few quotes that pretty much say the same.
Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
Hey...anyone notice a theme? If not I bolded it for you. And Luke and Matthew which are italicised point out The Golden Rule: DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU. Now I will say this. I am NOT religious. At all. Somewhere between Atheist and Agnostic (yes I know the difference, no, I'm not sure which I am. I hover between the two). Does this mean I am any less? No it doesn't. For you Christians who say you believe in the bible but don't follow that simple commandment, how do you call yourself devout? and a firm believer? Practice what you preach and lead by example. Yes, society is screwed up. But here's the funny thing. WE are all part of society. WE all have the power to change it.
Here's a strange idea...equality for all. Transgender, bisexual, homosexual, lesbian, heterosexual, polyamorous, asexual, gender queer, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, male, female, conservative, liberal, libertarian, and everything in between.
Instead of fearing something you don't know, why don't you educate yourself about it? There are plenty of resources on google as to what different things are. Hell, some of us might even talk to you about it and TRY to educate you if you ASK RESPECTFULLY. Even if you don't agree. Realise you can't change us. All you can change is your mind. How YOU view the world. How ignorant YOU wish to be. If someone tries and you are still confused, thank the person anyway for trying. Some of us are terrible at explaining things but we may be able to either point you towards someone who can explain better or towards a resource that can explain better.
I love you all.
Including all of you who are ignorant or idiots/closeminded/assholes/etc.
I just wish there was more education going on instead of "fear of the unknown and spreading lies/slander about it to make others fear it".
We live in the information age but we seem to be forgoing the information and making up our own forms of propaganda based on fear. Why not do the smart thing and use the information to educate ourselves.
Stop persecution of a race/gender identity/gender/sexuality/political party/etc.
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT identify as any particular political party or as a hippie. I just want people to be educated and make informed decisions.
Also, women and men are all beautiful in their own way. No matter what size they are or what features they have/don't have. Just because they are not YOUR cup of tea doesn't mean they aren't someone else's and doesn't give YOU the right to insult them.
No comments:
Post a Comment