So, seriously, last night was rough. But I think I've figured out exactly why.
So, I mentioned that I was basically told the other night that I'm kind of like a possessive girlfriend when making friends with people. So I had that going through my mind. And it depressed the shit out of me. Then, my introversion kicked in more than normal and depleted my energy completely. But since I need money I HAVE to work so I pushed through it I just didn't do a whole lot of interacting like I've been doing(screaming at people and fucking with them apart from making them think I'm not real and then suddenly moving).
Last night I had an asthma attack. Girl walked in with really strong floral perfume. Now when I say strong I mean it smelled like she bathed in it. You could taste her perfume. GIRLS WHY THE FUCK DO YOU DO THAT?!? Naturally that ALWAYS without fail, sends me into an asthma attack. So I calmly went outside as quickly as I could, took out my inhaler from my pocket(because the agreement with first aid for me working there is that I HAVE to carry my inhaler with me at all times)shook it and used it and then drank some water and stood in the tripod stance to help open my airway. Usually that is all I have to do and stand there for a minute or two and then I can breathe again and go back to work. Not last night. And I usually do tripod because half the time it is too much effort for me to raise my hands over my head. And it honestly feels a lot better for me to do tripod. Last night's asthma attack sent me into a massive panic attack. As in, I was out of my maze for half an hour from it. I felt like the inhaler wasn't opening my lungs and that I couldn't breathe. I stumbled with my 32oz cup of water to my break area and asked if someone could call first aid for me. Which at that point I could barely get that out. It was a lot of hand gestures to communicate. Because I was panicking THAT badly. I was shaking and could barely stand/walk. They RAN to first aid instead of calling and got me a wheelchair and sent me over there. No one in my maze knew what to do with me and they all panicked over me. (Which honestly it was really nice to have people worry about me for once instead of me just constantly worrying about everyone else and not having everyone else appear to not care. But I would never want to repeat this incident again). I panicked enough that I started crying. And I think I know what caused me to do that. It wasn't just that I couldn't breathe. It was everything. The verbal abuse that the guests give us nightly. The stress of dealing with that. Not being able to breathe. Being told I am borderline stalker/obsessive, possessive girlfriend with my behaviour. It just all came crashing down and I broke down without realising it.
They released me back to my maze about 4 mins before I was suppose to go on my last break. I asked my TCC and TC if they still wanted me to do my last break since I was already out of the maze for half an hour and they and the first aid lady who walked me back all said that yes I needed to take that break and to make sure I get something in my system. I ate a blow pop since I have a shit ton of them and I was craving sugar. I felt so better after it. But I took it easy the rest of the night(the last hour).
No comments:
Post a Comment