27 March 2012

Me and a few thoughts about The Hunger Games


One of my friends from high school just asked me about The Hunger Games if I’ve read the books or saw the film yet. This was my response on facebook:
I’m still trying to watch the film. I’m about 49 minutes into it. I have plenty of complaints about it already and some of them have to do with the ethnicity of some of the characters but not the ones everyone else is talking about. The first two books are brilliant. I honestly love them. I’ll read the third book when my mum gets it back from whomever she let borrow it next week. But I started the first late afternoon yesterday finished it about 1 am ish and then started the second book about half an hour later. Finished that about 6 am. Of course with both of those there was regular internet interruptions…. The first book I read for about 2 hours ish in the bathtub with no interruptions and wasn’t sure of the time when I got out and was disoriented. Which is good. For a book to disorient me that much that I lose all track of time as to where I am and how long I’ve been there says a lot. I haven’t encountered that in a book since high school. They are young adult books but I say parental discretion. If your kids can handle kids fighting to the death and some fairly detailed deaths book wise go ahead and let them read it/read it to them if not don’t. I’ll message you about the film as soon as I finish watching it. I’m just taking some time to refill my tea and write up a few impressions to post later on my blog about the film.

No comments: