07 October 2011

Haunt Etiquette

Just because I need to rant about this.....Basic etiquette for going to a maze or somewhere for Halloween that you are going to get scared.

1. YOU paid for US to scare you/you're girlfriend/wife/husband/friend/mum/dad/grandma/child/etc....DON'T block us from scaring someone just to prove how macho or whatever you are. We are trying to do our job that YOU are paying us to do. By you doing that and getting in our way, it annoys the hell out of us AND prevents us from doing our jobs.

2. We have a list of rules at the entrance of the maze. And listed in your map. READ them. Yes, we can't touch you however that also means YOU CAN'T touch us. We don't like being hit in the face because you want to see if we are real. It hurts. Have some fucking courtesy and don't hit us.

3. Also on that note, don't get in our faces and scream at us. Especially when we have masks. There is a reason  WE DON'T scream inside our masks and we don't want you doing it either. Why? Because it makes us feel deaf. It echoes inside the mask and fucking hurts our ears. Its one thing if we get in your face and scare you but its another to purposely get in someone's face and scream to try and scare them instead of them scaring you.

4. What is with the meowing? Seriously girls and guys. Don't walk through a maze and meow at everyone. Its annoying. Also, don't try to scare us. If we scared that easily we wouldn't be able to do our jobs. Once again it is just annoying.

5. Don't walk through the maze pointing out EVERY monster. It ruins it for the rest of the group. Especially those that hide. I know I am in plain sight. I KNOW you can see me. Doesn't mean you need to sit there and say "I See You. You Aren't Scary". I'll prove you wrong. Part of me being scary means that I can hide in plain sight and still scare you.

6. Don't harass the talent aka the monsters. You WILL be escorted out of the maze. You have no one to blame but yourself. It is listed at the front of the damn maze not to harass us. And in your map.

7. Flash photography. First, ask if you want to take a photo. Not all of us want our photos taken. Second, we have a dark maze and it is dark for a reason don't use a camera with a flash. It blinds us and we can't see after wards. Especially when you take a photo without our knowledge(ie: coming around a corner and immediately taking a photo).

I'm sure there is more and I will have some to add to this list when I get home tonight but for now ....I'll also grab a map so I can do a run down of all the rules.

View of the park map showing the layout of the park:
http://haunt.knotts.com/_upload/knotts_berry_farm/attractions/map/2011_haunt_map.pdf

No comments: