It’s 9:42 AM. My mum has been in my room for an hour now because she thinks it needs to be cleaned because she can’t easily access anywhere she wants to. Though why she feels she needs to be able to do so bewilders me since it’s all my stuff in my room. This is bothersome.
-----------------------------------------------------------Later at 4 pm-----------------------------------------------------
Seriously though.
How does “I don’t spend enough one on one time with my offspring” translate to “let’s clean their room so we can have one on one time even though I know my offspring has their room to how they want it and how they can find things”
Can a parent please explain this?
How instead of saying “hey is there an activity you enjoy that we could do together to spend some one on one time with each other” the default choice is to do something that’s going to seriously upset your child and make them do something they don’t want to do because you have unnecessarily high standards for how someone’s room that you’re never in should look. I mean I know to build the bookshelf with my dad in my room I would need to clean the area around where it’s going to go. But why does the rest of my room matter? I use it, not them. They’re just pissed because I bitched that I couldn’t put my clothes away because they blocked off my dresser with 50 lb bags of dog food because it rained last weekend and my roof leaks over near the door to let the dogs outside. It’s not my fault it leaks but I get blamed anyway because it’s my room. *sighs*
But seriously, I’m going to be losing things because she’s not consulting me on where I think things should go and is instead doing it how she thinks they should go and we think so differently it’s fucking frustrating. And there was no asking “hey is it cool if we do your room this weekend” it was “I’m coming in early morning and cleaning your room whether you’re awake or not”.
And now she’s doubting me on things I’ve actually done prior.
Also, still haven’t found my glasses that she moved the last time she decided to clean my room (while I was working haunt and not even home to consent nonetheless). And now she thinks it’s a good idea to block off my bookshelf that has the book series my dad’s going through right now -_-
*cue her getting pissy when I tell her when she comes back in*
*tumblr tags* #even if I pay rent#I don't have a say in anything#from how my room looks#to what I like to eat or watch#or how they treat me#If I could move out#I would
No comments:
Post a Comment